What Do Your Warning Lights Mean?
The warning lights on your dashboard serve a very important purpose: they tell us when something is potentially wrong with our Accord or CR-V. Whether it’s as simple as topping off your washer fluid to serious engine problems, these lights help you keep tabs on the health of your vehicle. If one of these lights has popped up recently, and you’re unsure of how to decipher it, take a look at the common warning lights on a Honda, then take it in to the Service Center to fix the issue.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Here are some of the common warning lights you may see:
- Check Engine Light: One of the most common, the Check Engine light can mean that it’s time for servicing, and oil change is necessary, or something worse.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: This light can either be due to a leak, or that your car is burning oil.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS): Indicates that your tires may not be properly inflated to the suggested PSI.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Should this light come on, it could mean that your Cruise Control is failing. Practice caution when using this system, and set up an appointment to alleviate this issue.
- All-Wheel Drive: If your AWD light is blinking, it could mean that some sort of malfunction has occurred. If it remains steady, it means that the AWD system is on.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assis/Hill Start Assist: If this light comes on, there may be an issue caused by aggressive driving, or by trying to start the engine on a steep incline.
- Antilock Braking (ABS): Shows the possibility of a malfunction or overheating.
- Supplemental Restraint System: Turns on when there is an issue or malfunction in the airbag or seat belt systems.
- Lane Keeping Assist: Indicates an issue with the LKAS system, which affects the autonomous steering system.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
When a warning light comes on, trust the experts at Genthe Honda to fix any problem that may arise. Schedule your service appointment today with our Southgate Service Center to make the process quicker and easier. We are here to help with all your vehicle questions, including how to unlock your steering wheel and how many miles tires last!
With the Honda reputation for safety, drivers can feel safe behind the wheel of any new Honda model. If you’re partial to SUVs like the HR-V, then you’ll want to know each 2019 Honda HR-V safety rating before making any decisions. View HR-V Inventory National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Taylor drivers will secure in the…
The 2019 Honda CR-V provides a reliable and safe vehicle with positive ratings. Explore the safety ratings and features that the Honda CR-V can provide your family at Genthe Honda. 2019 Honda CR-V IIHS 2019 CR-V Ratings The IIHS** uses the categories of Crashworthiness and Crash Avoidance Mitigation to rate vehicles. For Crashworthiness, Headlights, and Child…
New tires from the original equipment manufacturer, as well as high-quality replacement tires, can be expected to last approximately 50,000 miles. Find out more about what impacts the lifespan of a tire, and some tips to make your tires last longer. Have additional tire care questions? Stop by the Genthe Hondaservice center near Taylor today! Schedule…
Usually, Wyandotte drivers don’t realize they have locked their steering wheel until they are ready to drive somewhere. Not sure if your steering wheel is locked? Are you having problems starting your vehicle? Are you unable to turn your key in the ignition? If so, you are likely dealing with a locked steering wheel. There…
The 2019 Honda CR-V configurations offer up the features and flexibility Wyandotte drivers deserve, giving you the exact amount of technology, performance, and towing capacity you need. Every CR-V has two engine options and CVT, but each trim delivers a different blend of style and convenience. View CR-V Inventory CR-V LX Standard features include:…
Service Center Schedule Oil Change An oil change cost can vary depending on the type of vehicle you have and the type of oil it takes. Usually, an oil change for regular oil ranges from $25 to $50. To save additional money on oil changes, review our service specials. At Genthe Honda out technicians have been…